It’s been a whole year since I started this blog. When I wrote my first post (and for most of the year following), I had no idea what the blog was actually going to be about or what I wanted to do as a career. Now that I’ve figured it out, I’m planning on making this year a goal-oriented one. What better time to start than during your Blogoversary Week?
To begin, I’d like to catch you up…
For personal reasons, I’ve decided to postpone going to school. At first, I looked at it as a struggle that I was going to have to get through. I’ve had a really long journey to get to the point where I can finally go to school. But now that I’ve settled into the decision, I’m looking at this as a positive decision.
This year, I’m going to focus on accomplishing some literary goals:
- Submit at least 3 poems/short stories to contests
- Submit at least 3 poems/short stories to magazines/journals
- Complete planning of first novel and be ready to write
- Illustrate 1 or more stories
- Design and have 3 book covers or more published
- Build portfolio (both online and physically)
- Create website for Illustration clients
- Sell 10 illustrations or more
- Read 10 books or more
- Begin the ‘Art, Craft & Design Certificate Program’ at Fanshawe College
I’m not entirely sure how my list stacks up compared to others. Regardless, I’ve got a lot on my plate and to accomplish these on top of everything else in a year is going to be a lot of work.
Let’s the games begin!